Happy February! I’m excited to reflect back on the first month of 2018. The month was full of fun experiences, lots of work, and finally the realization that we’re now in the second half of winter – YAY!
- I’m finally watching The Crown season 2. I love this show. As you now know, I’m not a big binge-r, but I’m getting through this fairly quickly and loving every moment.
- I started the year off with a few great books: You Are A Bad*ss, Spirit Junkie, The Power of Moments, and Wherever You Go, There You Are. I loved each of them, and they all got me thinking a lot about manifestation, the power of believing in yourself, and continuously asking for what you need (both to The Universe and to others). At the end of the month, I crossed over into fiction with Anatomy of a Scandal.
- My organization, Echoing Green, launched a series with WNYC, called #CitizenshipNow. The first event was on Civic Engagement, and you can watch it on Facebook live here. If you care about social impact, social justice, and changing the world, this should not be missed.
- One of the highlights from the month was a trip to Sedona, Arizona with my mom, to visit my sister. I go to Sedona fairly often, and it such a magical and grounding place. If you haven’t been, please put it on your list. It’s like no other place in the world, and the feeling I get there is pure peace and possibility.
- In my day job, I lead a program called Direct Impact at Echoing Green. We launched our newest cohort of business leaders who are going through a three-month experience to understand how they can make a meaningful impact in the world. If you know me, you know how much I love my job, and I love when a new cohort begins.
- The most exciting moment of the month was when my mom got engaged! I’m incredibly close with both of my parents, and I’m just so thrilled that my mom has found a new love and future hubby. I have so many weddings and celebrations to look forward in 2018 – I could not be more excited! I’m also really REALLY looking forward to planning any wedding that is not my own #RealTalk.
- February is a big month! It includes my 5 year “dating” anniversary with Thomas, his birthday, Valentine’s Day, and my birthday. I’ll be gone for half the month, but we will celebrate as much as possible while I’m here.
- I’m headed on a work trip to India the second week of February, to bring a group of Direct Impact cohort members to experience social entrepreneurship on the ground. I’ll then stop by NYC for about 24 hours, before heading off to Wisdom 2.0 in San Francisco.
- My biggest goal in February is to stay grounded and take care of myself. That will mean trying to find little pockets of time to meditate, go to the gym, and cook homemade meals. It’s going to be a tough month for achieving balance, but with a daily intention, I will do my best. To help me out, I recently started using the free printables from DayDesigner.com. They are AMAZING!
What were your highlights from January? What are you most looking forward to in February?